Monday, April 25, 2022

A little bit of progress

The day got away from me again, but I did make a little bit of progress with both my socks and my doily.

 

I switched knitting needles for the socks. I had been watching an Arne & Carlos YouTube video in which they were knitting with Prym ergonomic needles. I went shopping online, and the needles arrived today. The center of each needle is triangular, and the tips have a slight bulb shape. I've only knit one round with them, but they seem pretty nice.


I had some time to work on Elizabeth from Bonded with tatting - doilies by Laura Bziukiewicz. I had to rewind both of my shuttles. For some reason, that seems to take forever!

6 comments:

  1. Does the triangular segment in the knitting needles keep the stitches more in place and in control?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the ad, the triangular shape is supposed to be easier on the hands. I had been knitting with 4" needles, which I love. These are 8" and it took a few rounds to get used to them. I think I'm actually knitting a little faster and maintaining my tension better.

      Delete
  2. That doily will be worth it! Nicely tatted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the color, and I'm usually not in love with green. This one is definitely a keeper!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!