Monday, April 4, 2022

Celine round 5

 

Yes, I did tat in public for International Tatting Day... public school, that is. I was asked to sub for high school math on Friday, and while the students worked on their assignments, I tatted. I was especially pleased when some of the juniors, both girls and boys, were excited to see me tatting. They told me they had just been talking about tatting and had pulled out their supplies. Imagine them keeping their treasures for seven years!

Two of the girls, Julia and Shelby, fell in love with this colorful little doily. Who knows? Maybe they'll take up tatting again!

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love the colors! I sure am glad to have thread packs when I need inspiration!

      Delete
  2. So gorgeous, it would encourage anyone! Fantastic that they still have their tatting supplies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I talked to the two girls at lunch again and encouraged them to watch YouTube videos. My fingers are crossed!

      Delete
  3. I hope the two girls will take up tatting again. Good reminder for them with you tatting while in their sight!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both avid readers, so I plan on finishing up bookmarks for them over the weekend. Maybe that will tempt them!

      Delete
  4. You have more than fulfilled your ITD commitments by inspiring a new generation 💜💙💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, I had fun! I would have liked to have eaten a little more chocolate! ;-)

      Delete
  5. Your doily is beautiful. I can hardly wait to see what the next round looks like. That's great that the girls still have their tatting supplies. I hope your tatting inspires them to work at it again.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get to see the next round soon! I was subbing in art yesterday morning, and I'm close to finishing!

      Delete
  6. I really love the 2nd and 3rd rounds - a GREAT idea! To me, it really expresses JOY somehow. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next LOL.
    And a huge THUMBS UP for planting new seeds for tatting with the youngsters!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!