Thursday, January 11, 2024

Sticking with cuddly

 

I've started a new tatting project, test tatting for a friend. Sorry for the tease, but I can't reveal what it is at this time!

Yesterday, I discovered Wise Owl Knits on YouTube. She set a challenge for herself of using her sock machine for 30 days and recording all that she learned. I watched the first two days, and decided I was ready to crank!

We're expecting several days of extremely cold weather next week, and I thought it would be nice to have some tube socks to keep my legs warm. So, I did some math (not my forte) and started cranking.

I learned several important lessons yesterday: 1) I do not know enough about my sock machine to just start making things without guidance. 2) A good light is a necessity. 3) Start with small projects, as suggested in the manual, so that I can experience a feeling of accomplishment. 4) Always put the weight on before cranking. 5) Keep watching videos.

My plan is to re-start today with something small!

I finished two gnomes today, and I've decided that I prefer my cuddly gnomes.

There's a place for gnomes with buttons on the bottom, but daughters are happy with theirs they way they are, and so am I. I guess I'll just have to find another use for those buttons!

Is anyone else having problems posting comments? In the last couple of weeks I've had problems replying to some comments on my blog, and I haven't been able to comment on other blogs. There's nothing consistent, so I haven't been able to pinpoint the problem. I do read every comment. I enjoy reading what others have to say!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a steep learning curve! Perhaps there will be a demand for stand up gnomes later on. I haven’t had problems with commenting lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! You have so much talent!!
    You may need large yarn and a Tatsy shuttle to make very large tatted button ornaments. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!