Sunday, January 3, 2016

I am prepared!

Dave bought this beautiful black cabinet for me for Christmas, specifically for storing shuttles!


I'm still in the middle of reorganizing my sewing room. I'm afraid it's going to take a while. I get a bit overwhelmed as I look at the supplies I have.

As I feared, I have way too many shuttles...


Was I afraid that Handy Hands would run out of Aerlit shuttles?


How many small Clover shuttles does one tatter need?


...or large Clover shuttles for that matter!

What's really scary is that I've only begun working on this room, and I have more supplies upstairs! I hope to have some pretty pictures of an organized space in the next week or two.


I did manage to find time for a little bit of tatting today. One thing I learned from working on my Jan Stawasz Masterpiece last year is that it really doesn't matter how much I tat in one day. What does matter is how much I enjoy the time spent tatting!

I hope you enjoy your tatting time today!

14 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful gift from your husband. Organizing anything is overwhelming for me so I have to do it in small bits. You may have what I have...S.A.B.L.E. Supplies Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy. I love your tag line...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful cabinet !!! I like the acronym SABLE ! All the best with the organization - boring & overwhelming but well worth for the future :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The room actually looks worse today than it did yesterday. Hopefully, I will get everything in order quickly!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful cabinet! It will make a lovely place for shuttles and other tatting 'goodies.' I definitely enjoyed my tatting time today, hope you enjoy whatever time you manage to get for tatting, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave found it at Hobby Lobby. I believe it will fill up quickly!

      Delete
  4. Your tatting is looking very pretty Diane and to think you're going to fill that whole cabinet with shuttles! You must have so many!! Well, we've had glimpses of your collection from time to time but I'd love to see the whole of it, that would definitely be something to behold.

    My very best wishes to you for 2016. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I'm organized (again), I will be sure to share pictures!

      Delete
  5. Love that cabinet, what a lovely gift from your husband! Happy new year, I wish you to fill every drawer except the last (you sure will need space for new shuttles!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I think it's time for me to cut back on my shuttle consumption. However, I'm sure there will be new ones that I find totally irresistible!

      Delete
  6. Can't wait to see your organized space(and hopefully I will get more of mine done this year too)!! :)
    Great cabinet!! :)
    That little motif looks great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm snickering about the fear of running out of cheapo shuttles. (not that they are cheap but they aren't super expensive either) I have forced myself to stop buying new shuttles unless "special" but I can buy as many bobbins as I can handle! bwahahahaha I also buy custom shuttles and vintage when I run across desirable ones. My rule is that I have to be able to tat with them or I don't buy them, no matter how rare/inexpensive, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to force myself to stick to the same guidelines, Grace. However, sometimes the call of the shuttle is just too strong! ;-)

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!