Sunday, January 10, 2016

It's like popcorn...

Really! Tatting the Spinning Wheel glass mat is just like eating popcorn... I just can't stop!


I started off the day with the idea that I was ready for a hanky edging. However, I couldn't find a straight edged hanky, which is what I want to use. Yes, I have plenty, but I haven't found where I stashed them. After about 5 minutes of looking, I decided I'd just start another Spinning Wheel.

This one is in size 20 Lizbeth #706, Sunkist Coral. It reminds me of orange sherbet!

The household reorganizing continues. We finished taking down and putting away the indoor decorations today. If the weather forecast holds, Dave might be able to put away the outdoor decorations by the end of the week. Honestly, I'd be happy with one tree and my nutcrackers, but Dave loves decorating for the kids, and he does a pretty good job of it.

We cleaned some clutter out of the basement today. It's amazing how much stuff can fit in a basement. I also spent some time working on my sewing room today. It's nowhere near being picture ready, and I know I was being optimistic thinking I'd have it organized in just a couple of weeks. Maybe a more realistic goal is spring break!

12 comments:

  1. With all that tidying and cleaning I'm not surprised you're working on your go-to pattern! Great colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color is delightful. If you don't mind a tatting question - how do you determine where to start when beginning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the pattern memorized on this one, so I haven't looked at it in a long time. I believe I started with a center ring because of the diagram. Most of the time I start with the designer's starting point. I know there have been a few patterns where I started in a different spot because it made more sense to me, although I can't think of which patterns those might be!

      Delete
  3. I have that color and it is beautiful here and in person, and any time you want to come over and help out in my garage, I won't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see another wonderful spinning wheel glass mat in your future! :)
    At least you are making some organizing progress....I am in hold mode since a thousand(maybe a slight exaggeration)things are happening all at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've spent a lot of time on organizing, but I'm not feeling like I've accomplished much!

      Delete
  5. Oh I agree with your organizing, who wants to do that when there is tatting to do. I have never done a spinning wheel, do you have any advice for us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I press each "spoke" as I finish it. It makes it much easier to block when finished. I do have step-by-step pictures of the final section here: http://lacelovinlibrarian.blogspot.com/2013/07/spinning-wheel-finished.html

      Delete
  6. Oh I agree with your organizing, who wants to do that when there is tatting to do. I have never done a spinning wheel, do you have any advice for us?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty color! You've probably mentioned this before, but do you know how many spinning wheels you've made?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no clue! I do know that this is the pattern I turn to when I get in a tatting funk. I've given most of them away. I keep telling myself that I need one of each color in my stash, and then I'll be happy! ;-)

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!