Saturday, January 2, 2016

Look what I found!

Today was filled with the activities that come after a vacation... picking up the mail, doing the banking, catching up with laundry, paying bills, grocery shopping... the mundane list could go on and on!

I did work a little on reorganizing my sewing room, the key word being little. While trying to decide what I wanted to do first, I found a snowflake that I had started a while back, Nilam from Elegant Tatting Gems by Jon Yusoff.


I love this little book! There are 18 snowflake designs, each of them beautiful. I may be a little prejudiced, because I helped test tat some of the patterns, but I think this is one tatting book that every tatter should own!

7 comments:

  1. I have it too, and agree while making her items you get to exercise the brain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jon's patterns do exercise my brain and they are much easier to follow than Jan Stawasz's patterns. His are magnificent, but I do get confused by the notation. I feel like I'm tatting with a friend when using Jon's patterns. :-)

      Delete
  2. This book is on my high priority watch-for list (not yet in the Indian market) ! I like the Oriental/Persian style of many of the patterns.
    Love the colours you've chosen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After spending most of my tatting year using white, I'm ready for a little color!

      Delete
  3. What fun to find it! Especially one of Jon's. I can relate to the color tatting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's on my wish list, Look forward to seeing you finish it, it looks lovely so far,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. That piece looks beautiful already!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!