Thursday, March 21, 2019

Changing my mind


When I first started Marly Bird's TOS, I chose five colors as suggested. As I started the shawl, I wasn't sure I liked the colors together, so I changed my mind and decided to knit it in two colors. This morning I looked at the progress others have made on their shawls, and there was one that had four of the five colors I had chosen originally! Luckily, I was only two rows into the slip stitch pattern. I unknit those two rows and started in with one of my original color choices. I'm glad I did!


I was able to resume my normal duties at school today. Still, I only managed to tat one Ice Drop. Joanne and the three little ones arrive for a visit tomorrow. I'll have to tat one more with a glow-in-the-dark center so that all three of them will have a special Ice Drop from Grandma!

5 comments:

  1. That really shows the value of a craft-along, rather than working in isolation. The children will love their glow in the dark ice drops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I've also seen some color combinations that make me want to knit more than one. The kids should be here about the time I get home from school. I'm sure they'll be excited!

      Delete
  2. Great progress!! :)
    Have fun with the grandkids!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I did get to see them for about an hour in February. Now I'll get to spend a whole week with them!

      Delete
  3. There's no stopping you is there, you need to blog about time management or do that as a class on tatting days 😁

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!