Saturday, March 23, 2019

Spring!


While it's still not warm, it is much warmer and my thoughts are turning toward Spring colors. I did give in to another thread pack sale, even though I have more thread than I'll ever use. With Easter coming soon, I thought it would be nice to use these colors for Mom and her friends.


I'm still lovin' my Doodle Ice Drop pattern, especially the variation with an extra round of chains and a larger picot cluster. This one is in size 20 Lizbeth #646, Purple Iris Light. The shuttle is one that I blinged a few years ago with scrapbooking paper, glitter nail polish, and Mod Podge. Although I'm not in to blinging any longer, I do enjoy looking at shuttles that I have decorated and remembering the fun I had!


The second thread in the pack is #159, Easter Eggs. I love this color! My friend Denise came up with the color name for Handy Hands. It certainly does conjure up visions of Easter Eggs! The shuttle is one I purchased on Etsy, although I can't remember who sold it. I love the chicken theme!

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, those are delicious ice drops, perfect for Spring. I do like those thread colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very "Springy" Ice Drops!!! :)
    Pretty shuttles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried to bling a shuttle, sounds like fun! Is the nail polish necessary to help "glue" the paper or is it just used for more bling?
    Pretty Ice-Drops! I particularly like the second one, although I'm usually drawn towards bright colours... Spring must be in the air! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used the glitter nail polish for more bling, and then I found Glitter Mod Podge... one less step!

      Delete
  4. You drops and shuttles are fantastic to view and I want to decorate some shuttles soon I bought some just for that and need to get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful colors worked into wonderful gifts. You inspire!!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!