Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Fixed


I subbed again today. I wasn't expecting to, but I was prepared. I'm still tatting Doodle Ice Drops with the same ball of size 20 Lizbeth Green Ice. I love both the pattern and the color! The shuttle is one I blinged a few years ago using fabric from Origami pouches that I made.


This shuttle is one of the new Boye shuttles with the pick cut off. I do not like the pick on these shuttles. I've also found that they pop apart quite easily, so before blinging the shuttle I used super glue to hold the two halves together. I don't mind the shuttles once I've modified them, but straight out of the package I think they're terrible!


As for the title of this post, I was referring to my TOS shawl. I just couldn't stand the mistake. It took me about 20 minutes to rip back, put the stitches back on the circular needle, and fix the mistake. It will take me a bit longer to reknit the rows I took out, but now I'm happy!

11 comments:

  1. I’m with you Diane. I have to fix mistakes, no matter how small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it had all been one color, I might not have seen it. However, it stuck out like a sore thumb and I just had to take care of it!

      Delete
  2. I'm enjoying seeing all your amazing collection of shuttles. You must have a good 'secret stash' of thread stored on the shuttles or are you able to interchange all the bobbins amongst your shuttles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wind about three yards on a shuttle for Ice Drops. I do leave a little bit of thread on each one as I finish using it... just to prove to myself that the shuttle has been shown some love! ;-)

      Delete
  3. That’s exactly what I’d have done, Diane. Fixed it!! I’m no good at fudging mistakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've left mistakes in many projects, but this one was over the top! Besides, I learned a lesson... check, check check! Actually, I think I've learned that lesson before!

      Delete
  4. I just amazed you can tat and knit, its impressive 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for sorting out the shuttle as well as the shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most of the time I fix mistakes. Occassionally, I decide they're design variations. Especially if the intended use/recipient is creative!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!