Monday, March 18, 2019

Slipping stitches


I was admiring my progress on my TOS shawl this morning when I noticed a missed slip stitch. I remember when I did it. I found one when I finished the row and I corrected it. I looked at the rest of the row and didn't see any mistakes.


Guess what? There were two missed slip stitches! I know it was getting late when I found the one mistake. Lesson learned... I should have set my knitting aside and rechecked it in the morning. Now I have to decide if I'm going to rip out and fix or just leave it be.


I was called in to sub again today, so I only managed one Doodle Ice Drop. The shuttle is another beauty by Middy Clark of The Knotted Vine. I do love my shuttle collection!

9 comments:

  1. Thankfully the mistakes weren't in the tatting that far back!!! Oh, and just so you know, I have no idea where your mistakes are being knitting illiterate!! ;) But I do like the look so far!! :)
    Great Ice Drop!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth! Although I have taken out much larger sections of tatting.

      Delete
  2. I would simply make a lazy-daisy stitch with needle at that place instead of ripping and doing over. I'm lazy that way 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might need to make 2 chain stitches (embroidery or crochet) instead of a single lazy daisy. I was still waking up when I commented earlier 😉

      Delete
  3. I like Muskaan idea go with that😄 also very pretty shuttle and tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Muskaan idea, hope you can sort it without too much unpicking.
    Lovely ice drop and shuttle

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!