Monday, March 4, 2019

Found!

I went to school early this morning, and sure enough, I had left my knitting in the 5th grade classroom. Whew!


I didn't really think my knitting was lost, but there were a few minutes of panic when I couldn't find my bag!


Alison's waffle stitch afghan was my focus for the weekend. This shot is of three skeins of yarn completed for a total of 26". I also used a good bit of the fourth skein, but I haven't bothered taking a picture yet.


It was back to Doodle Ice Drops today! I want to send off some for Mom's lunch bunch in time for St. Patrick's Day. Guess what I'll be working on this week?


Today was a great day for collecting mail! This is my latest pyrography doodle art shuttle from Dave Stanbrough of Grizzly Mountain Arts. I was also thrilled to purchase one of his picot hooks (a fine crochet hook set in in a beautiful turned wood handle). I love working with beautiful tools!


Two beautiful new brass shuttles arrived in the mail today. These are from Lorraine Kolasa, an artist in Michigan. I've been eagerly awaiting the listing of these shuttles ever since Lorraine posted about them on Facebook. They're available in both a smooth and a hammered finish, with our without a pick tip. They're also available from Lisa Adams at Tatting Corner. It's nice to have options!

The packaging is wonderful. The shuttles are tied in place so they can't shift around in the shipping process. A plastic bag with a wooden dowel is included, along with instructions on shuttle care and how to loosen or tighten the tips using the piece of dowel. Lorraine suggests storing the shuttle in the plastic bag if it isn't going to be used for a while. The plastic bag will help reduce tarnishing.


Of course I started winding thread on to one of the shuttles right away! I decided to start with the one with the pick, because I find picks very helpful when I have to retro-tat. :-)


I like the way the tips flair, and the shuttle was very easy to wind. I've only tatted a couple of rings so far, but so far I really like this shuttle!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you found it! I like your blanket so much I saved a pattern for waffle stitch. Beautiful looking shuttles. How heavy are the bottom ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The waffle stitch has become a family favorite. Daughter Carol has asked for one in worsted weight. The brass shuttles are really very light, lighter than my beautiful silver shuttle that's like yours!

      Delete
  2. I must have another look at the waffle stitch - certainly looks great. Lovely shuttles too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waffle stitch is a great pick-up pattern, a simple three-stitch repeat.

      Delete
  3. Well done in finding your knitting,
    Lovely waffle stitch blanket.
    Gorgeous shuttles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! You sure do have a lot of projects going at the same time and progress being made on each!! :)
    Great shuttles!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!