Friday, April 10, 2020

And suddenly it's Friday!

I just didn't think to blog yesterday.


I was busy sewing face masks! I only finished a dozen, but I like to think that my small contribution will be helpful.


Today I focused on finishing my second Sanditon MKAL. I love the way it looks in a solid color!


Granddaughter Sophia received a sewing basket, plastic canvas, yarn needles, and scissors for her birthday. It's a grandma's duty to encourage fiber crafts! I was thrilled that Joanne sent me a picture of Sophia working with her supplies today. Maybe she'll be able to come visit this summer so that I can load her up with more craft supplies!

6 comments:

  1. Your shawl looks fabulous!! :)
    Love seeing the grandkids!! They can brighten a day even if they are not around!!! :) I got to video chat with our older one and saw the younger dancing around in the back to wave hi to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very pleased with the shawl, but I'll be working on smaller projects for a while! I also enjoy the video chats!

      Delete
  2. What pattern did you use for your masks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used this one from Sweet Red Poppy. She also has a tutorial for making your own bias tape, which I had to do. I used up all the bias tape I had in the house, and I had no elastic. Our hospital asked for a third layer. I used light weight fusible fleece for the first batch. For the second batch I used an extra layer of flannel. My masks have quilter's cotton on the front, flannel on the back. I've been told that the nurses at the hospital love these masks!

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRdpEqwuF_0

      Delete
  3. Well done on the face masks. I’m glad to see the crafting tradition is being passed on. Good way to see the structure of the shawl, it’s lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last couple of sections of the shawl seem to take forever to knit, but I love the shape. It stays on very nicely!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!