Saturday, April 11, 2020

Comparison tatting

In case you haven't guessed, I really enjoy tatting Ice Drops! It's a good thing, because I have an awful lot of glass gems and size 20 thread to get through. I have a feeling they'll last for years!


Today I tatted two Doodle Ice Drops. The green one on the left is my original design. The yellow one on the left was tatted with the one pass method. I really prefer the original way. I like the flower on the back, and I like the chain next to the gem. However, if the glass gem is larger than 3/4", the original pattern does not work well. It's too tight a fit, and I'm too lazy to go back and play with stitch counts.


The one pass method is more open, and I understand its appeal. I guess we all have our preferences!


Tollway Tatters were supposed to meet today, but we had to cancel because of the stay-at-home order.  Sue suggested we put on our tie-dye t-shirts and take a photo of our tatting. I'm not good at taking selfies, and Dave was busy out in the garden. So, here I am in my tatting corner, wearing my tie-dye t-shirt and holding today's Doodle Ice Drops!

This morning I did something for the first time... I participated in a Zoom meeting! Twin Cities Tatters met this morning and I was invited to join. It was great fun, and I was able to put some faces to names. Who says you can't have fun at home? Maybe I should plan a Tollway Tatters meeting on Zoom!

13 comments:

  1. That would be cool!! :)
    I don't know Zoom, but am interested! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Now I'm thinking Tollway Tatters need to get with the times!

      Delete
  3. Good idea. You could all wear your tie dye shirts. I think you did a good job of the selfie, I’m hopeless at them. Yes, I like the original pattern too. But good to know that the other works better for larger gems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I had to take several selfies to get one where the flash reflection didn't make my eyes look weird!

      Delete
  4. A group of my Tuesday craft friends have started using Zoom. Not like the 'real deal' but it works well. Trouble is that a few women together means everybody tries talking at once!!! No, I keep reasonably quiet before you say anything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! We seem to have that trouble when we manage to get together in person!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful ice drops
    Nice that you all had a virtual meeting, hopefully it wont be long before you can all meet up in person

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret! I do hope this social distancing works well enough that restrictions can be lifted soon!

      Delete
  6. I used to be little jealous about your fun meetings and now I truly miss hearing about them. Your drops are lovely and I zoomed in with my phone it looks like a little man in the center am I right? Happy Easter 🐣

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two pretty ice drops, especially love the tatting covered shuttle nearest to the yellow ice drop. Like the reflection in the mirror of your garden - can't quite see Dave though, perhaps he was 'having a cuppa'!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both Ice Drop styles are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!