Sunday, April 5, 2020

Lilly's Star


Lynne Urwin asked me to test tat another pattern for her, and I was happy to help! This one is called Lilly's Star. Lynne and I have been messaging back and forth on this one all weekend. This is the first version. Lynne decided the rings were a little too squished together, so she did some tweaking.


I've been cutting it pretty close on my threads lately, not really leaving enough for the little flower motifs for Vicki Clarke. When I went to wind this shuttle with thread, I thought I'd give it a try rather than just taking the thread off. I finished the flower with nearly 6" of thread left!


This is the second version of Lilly's Star, with one less small ring. It helped that I used the correct size gem this time!

Update! I forgot to acknowledge my shuttle makers! The pierced wood shuttle is from Veronica of TattingShuttles on Etsy. The Ice Drop Addict shuttle and purple butterfly shuttle are from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design. The multi-colored flower shuttle is from Middy Clark of The Knotted Vine on Etsy. I love all of the talented shuttle makers I've "met" over the years!

10 comments:

  1. Fun to collaborate like that. The purple one is certainly less squished. There’s the value of test tatting. Well done on the flower. With such a small motif, it wouldn’t be disaster if you ran out of thread, so worth the risk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'v very flattered that Lynne asked me to test tat her pattern! I know I value input from others!

      You are so right about the motif! I think someone said it takes about 45" of thread, so no disasters looming! I did run out of thread after four rings once, so it became a chubby butterfly!

      Delete
  2. Love the 'tweaked' version, good how Lilly's star colour matches the beautiful delicate looking shuttle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the tweaked version! I'm eager to see others tat her pretty Ice Drop! I forgot to mention that the multi-colored shuttle is from Middy Clark of The Knotted Vine on Etsy. The butterfly shuttle is from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design.

      Delete
  3. It is a beautiful pattern and the purple one certainly looks wonderful! I keep wondering how you remember your shuttle designers :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! In most cases their styles are very distinct, and I try to keep all shuttles from one designer together.

      Delete
  4. That's a beautiful pattern! I agree that the second version is better, but the first one is pretty too. Your shuttles are all gorgeous and how nice to acknowledge the shuttle makers.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!