Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Think green!

Way back in the 60s, there was a call to Think Green! after a blizzard hit the Chicago area. I remember a picture of The Thinker in the newspaper with the words Think Green! emblazoned across the page. My sisters and I enjoyed the theme, because our last name was Green. My brother was too young to remember.

I've been thinking about green, because of the beautiful ball of thread sitting on the table next to my chair!


My day started with another Rock & Roll Ice Drop by Lynne Urwin. The design looks complex, but it's really fairly simple. Lynne has posted her pattern on the Ice Drop Addicts page on Facebook.


I flitted from one task to another today. I did some space measuring and planning, dreaming of ways to rearrange things in the house. I found that ideas came to me more easily while tatting. What can be easier than tatting a Doodle Ice Drop?


Why stop at one? I did enjoy my tatting time today, and while I like to think I accomplished a lot around the house, the truth is I didn't! Haha! I love fooling myself into thinking I'll get things done!


I did take time for another Puzzle Impossible. The 5x5 puzzle was a little more challenging than the 3x3, but it didn't really take me too long. I'll admit, I've spent quite a bit of time looking at jigsaw puzzles lately!

18 comments:

  1. Great Ice Drops!! :)
    I don't think I would like clear puzzles, I love bright pretty pictures and lots of color(as you probably already know)!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Those jigsaw pieces with straight edges that aren’t on the sides would sure make the difficulty level go up! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More need than ever to Think Green. And that’s a really vibrant green! Those ice drops will really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous shade of green. Love the way 'you've' carried the green colour onto the shuttle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shuttle coordination was completely accidental. It just happened to be the shuttle sitting closest to the ball of thread!

      Delete
  5. Go Green !!!
    I like to have an image when solving puzzles - makes it interesting to see the picture emerge (easier, too 😉) 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the picture puzzles. Have you seen the huge Disney one? If I had a place to work on that one, I'd buy it in a flash!

      Delete
  6. We've worked a lot of puzzles lately. Next up is a 1500 piece of a lion head. Nothing else in the picture. Just the fur..........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful green and where did you get this puzzle? It's great we love puzzles 💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it on Etsy. After I purchased this set, I found there were many to choose from. Just search for clear acrylic puzzles.

      Delete
  8. The all green ice drop reminds me of a turtle, actually. I admire your energy and determination! The all clear puzzle would drive me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see the turtle! The clear puzzle really isn't that hard. Instead of looking for shapes and colors, I only have to look for shapes!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful green ice drops,
    I have a jigsaw app on my ipad, there are a lot of free ones and gives me a rest between tatting

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!