Thursday, April 16, 2020

Testing, testing

As I was test tatting for Vicki Clarke, I realized that this would be a great project for practicing front side/back side tatting. I find the technique to be quite confusing, and I've never been able to complete any project properly.


I was quite pleased that I was able to finish this tatting project using front side/back side tatting... until I realized I had inserted my bottle cap the wrong way!


So, today it was back to the drawing board. I was very excited to finally complete a project using this technique!

Sorry... you'll have to wait for the big reveal from Vicki Clarke to find out what this project is. When it is revealed, I hope to see many versions posted online!

This morning I decided it was time to tackle one of the closets upstairs. I managed to sort through and clean out three big bins and pass some craft supplies on to my friend Lilly. She will choose what she would like to use and pass on the rest. I have no regrets. I enjoyed collecting all of the supplies once upon a time, and I had great aspirations for finishing way more projects than would be humanly possible. It's really kind of a relief to not feel obligated to try and finish those long forgotten projects!

8 comments:

  1. Looks great(what we can see)!! ;)
    You make me feel guilty(kind of) about not doing more sorting and organizing, but laziness and I are best friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I've barely made a dent in all the sorting and organizing that needs to be done!

      Delete
  2. Well I am super curious now how long till the big reveal? 💐😁💐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be a while. I promise not to tease any more. I'll move on to projects I can share!

      Delete
  3. Good for you for doing fs/bs tatting on the project. I’ve never even tried it. I see the principle, but I quite like my tatting not to have a right side and wrong side. Well done on the tidy up and give away! Hopefully others will make use of those supplies that have been waiting for your attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually quite happy with simple tatting, but this particular pattern just seemed to cry out for the extra effort. I'll be back to normal today! ;-)

      Delete
  4. It looks interesting, I look forward to seeing it when it finished,
    I am also one thats learnt tatting many many years ago and this front and back side tatting is still confusing me,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once I learned fs/bs tatting, I can't 'unlearn' it ;-P
    I see something green peeping out in the top pic - curious to see the completed version!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!