Friday, April 3, 2020

Tattika


Tattika the tatting fairy is a year old! To celebrate, Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design offered tatting shuttles and these adorable tote bags. Mine arrived on April 1st, a perfect way to celebrate International Tatting Day!


I put my new shuttle to use today. I'm still enjoying tatting Ice Drops, especially my Doodle pattern. I'm nearly finished with my ball of Lizbeth #115, Springtime. I think I probably have enough for three more Ice Drops, so I'll keep trying different picot variations.


I finished another bookmark today, again using size 20 Lizbeth Springtime. The pattern is Autumn Bookmark from Tatted Bookmarks by Robin Perfetti. The shuttle is by Veronica of TattingShuttles on Etsy. The pattern calls for a tail with a tassel, which I left off so that I could use a bookmark sleeve. Done in autumn colors, this bookmark reminds me of falling leaves. In Springtime, I just see a pretty bookmark!

14 comments:

  1. Great new shuttle for your collection!! :)
    Great Ice drop and bookmark!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tattika is so pretty! How nice to have a sweet tatting fairy watching over your Ice Drops, bookmarks, and shuttle collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I wasn’t sure what I was looking at in the picture. The picture on the bag is so 3 D I thought it was a doll! Perfect bag for a tatter. The bookmark is lovely in Spring colours. The sleeve so sensible that it’s worth leaving the tassel off for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane! I'm finding that I prefer my tatted bookmarks in the sleeves. They stay cleaner and I'm not constantly straightening the lace.

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of the tatting fairy until now!!! What a pretty shuttle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita Richmond came up with the tatting fairy about a year ago. I think she's cute!

      Delete
  5. Stunning bag and shuttle! I saw it on fb and didn't realise the dimensions. The sleeve does make the lace bookmark hassle-free especially when gifted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a picture of Rita holding the bag, so I knew it was a good size. I plan on carrying it everywhere!

      Delete
  6. Love the bookmark, so beautiful in that colorway! Wonderful bag, cute little fairy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bags! I have way too many, but sometimes they're irresistible!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous shuttle, and beautiful ice drop
    Lovely bookmark love that thread

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!