Monday, April 27, 2020

Oh, my!

I have been very lax with blogging lately. I've been busy, in a relaxed sort of way. I get plenty done, but I'm working at a very slow pace. There's no need to rush, because I'm not going anywhere!


Jane Eborall has been busy translating and drawing A Bow called Medina. Last Thursday, Jane asked if anyone would be willing to test tat the pattern, and I volunteered. I was concerned about tatting the top part of the bow, but it turned out to be a pretty easy pattern to follow. The tails were another story! Again, the pattern is pretty easy to follow, but I made the mistake of having conversations with Dave while tatting. I found several mistakes as I was tatting, but once I was finished, I found even more!

Don't be put off by this pattern when Jane posts it. It really is enjoyable. The next time I tat it, I'll make sure Dave is outside working so that I can concentrate and not lose my place in the pattern!


While I thoroughly enjoyed testing the pattern for Jane, I felt the need to doodle with Ice Drops! This is the Doodle Ice Drop pattern with beads in place of picots.


Of course I then needed to tat another!

I've been managing to get my 10,000 steps in each day. I keep going outside for fresh air, so I'm probably missing phone calls. I'm not very good about checking to see if someone has called. I figure that if it's important, they will call back!

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful bow, I wanted to test tat this and someone mentioned with a head, it would make I nice Christmas angel. I got 3 projects going right now. Love the drops and beads always makes tatting fun💐💮💐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe Jane's plan is to turn this into an angel with lots of beads!

      Delete
  2. Your bow looks great for a first!! :)
    More wonderful Ice Drops!! :)
    So good to hear you are making your step goal!!! I have been getting my 2 miles in 5 days a week(in home walking).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I walk in the house if I need to, but I sure do enjoy walking outside!

      Delete
  3. Love the different shades of green you have used, I think it enhances the Medina Bow!
    Congratulations on walking soooooooo far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the test tat, even with distractions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have found I cannot drink and tat. Same result as tatting and conversing. So, for me, tatting keeps me healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!