Friday, October 30, 2020

A jaunty snowflake

I love Robin Perfetti's new book, Four Dozen Tatted Snowflakes, available in her Etsy shop. I started with Snowflake #1 earlier in the week, and today I decided to try the sample pattern at the beginning of the book. I put my tatting down to answer the phone, and I didn't pay attention to where I was in the pattern when I picked my tatting up again. As I was finishing the snowflake, I realized that something wasn't right. Look at that top ring!

I didn't get upset. I started chuckling to myself, because I thought the snowflake looked a bit jaunty. I think this one will go on my tree this year!


I did tat a second one, correctly this time, but it looks like it needs to be blocked. Not a problem, but it's something that can wait until morning!

4 comments:

  1. Well, you’d have to point out that it wasn’t perfect. Jaunty it is, well worth keeping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beautiful, Diane! Don't forget that you can "walk" the picots to the desired location with a crochet hook. I have a broken size 16 hook I use for that purpose. A knitting pin would probably work, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just put a hook in that top ring and hang it and no one will notice, because it still looks great!! :)
    The second one looks great too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a neat snowflake. It is very similar to my Yuletide Snowflake, https://www.craftree.com/projects/938, a variation of one of Vida Sunderman's designs in her book, 'Tatted Snowflakes'.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!