Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Impatient

Blogger has been very slow uploading my pictures for the past couple of days. I've grown impatient and closed the program to try again later. I have better things to do than watch a spinning wheel! 

I've finished the second pattern repeat of my Orenburg warm shawl! I love this pattern! Mom is almost ready to start decreasing. I think that once we each have the first border section finished, the rest will move along fairly quickly.

I've been taking knitting to school with me. The room I'm in is pretty chilly, and I find that my hands prefer the warmth of yarn. Once the heat kicks in, I'm sure I'll feel like tatting again! This is a cowl that I started last spring. The color looks olive, but it's really more of a forest green. I'll have to get another easy to remember pattern to carry with me. My yarn stash is not going down as quickly as I had hoped!

8 comments:

  1. Those look wonderful!! :)
    When my hands get cold(which is often) it's hard to tat. I am glad you have something else you can do!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t believe you’re back at work and still have your appendix! You’re a tough cookie!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tough or foolish, I must be one or the other! Two weeks from today and the appendix will be gone!

      Delete
  3. Jane is right! I like the cowl. And of course lo-ove the shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, find threadwork a bit seasonal. I like to knit, but not while it is warm. I agree with Jane E. though. You still have that bad appendix? And working? I don't think I could do that.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!