Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Fumble fingers

For some reason, I had fumble fingers yesterday. First, I pulled the knitting needle out of the beginning of a row. Luckily, it was only about ten stitches and I was able to recover them with no problem. Then, I almost lost one of my points when I didn't really knit the last stitch in a row. I decided to quit while I was ahead!

Moving on to crochet, I thought I'd do better. For a while, I did do better, but then I kept dropping my hook. I did manage to finish almost three rows before giving up for the night.

My new take-along project for school is a scarf. The ribbing pattern is simple to remember, and I can easily put this project down without worrying about losing my place in the pattern. 

The girls who loved seeing what I was knitting or crocheting have all graduated. I miss sharing my progress with them. I keep hoping that someone will show interest in what I'm making. I would love to share some more of my stash with future knitters or crocheters!

10 comments:

  1. Just one of those days, when nothing goes right, The scarf is looking beautiful love the colour, your crochet is looking great and your take to school scarf looks like it will a be a warm one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping today will be a great day to accomplish everything smoothly. I think these fumble finger days are reminders to appreciate our good times ;-D
    I wonder what makes a child sit up and take notice of something being created and take some active interest in it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could figure out how to make a child take notice, I would share that knowledge with the world!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you made pretty good progress for having fumble fingers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting colourway your scarf. I hope it’ll inspire new crafters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you will encourage new knitters. You may not this year, but maybe because a child saw you knitting, in a future time, they may knit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true. We never know how we really influence others.

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!