Sunday, October 11, 2020

Relaxing

We had a very relaxing day today. Dave worked on some outdoor projects, while Mom and I enjoyed indoor activities. 


Mom and I both worked on our Orenburg warm shawls today. I finished another pattern repeat, and Mom is zipping along with her second border panel. After making mistakes on three rows, I decided it was time to take a break from knitting.

It's been a long time since I've worked with doodads aka jewelry findings, and I decided today was as good a day as any to get to work. I didn't find the ones I was looking for, but I did find these acrylic flower findings that I had completely forgotten about.


After playing with the flower design, I decided to try the acrylic flower as the center for Laura Blanton's Coronavirus Button Cross. It worked pretty well!

Mom and I finished watching the seven seasons of Endeavour that are available and decided to watch Inspector Morse. I had watched the series a long time ago, so long ago that I really can't remember the plot lines. I've been working on my Granny Stripe afghan while watching the show. The pattern is so simple, I can follow the show and not mess up my project. Tonight I was able to crochet four rows while watching an episode. 

Today was far more productive than I could have imagined!



6 comments:

  1. Productive alright! Love what you did with the doodads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane! It's kind of fun to finish quick and easy projects!

      Delete
  2. Progress on all fronts! Inspector Morse was aired here a few years back but whodunit reruns are equally enjoyable a 2nd time - after a gap to allow memory loss 😃

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you remember the doodad phase? Like the ice drop one which you started. I've got loads of doodads and really ought to go back and play with them again. WHEN I've got time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Everything looks fabulous and you sure got a lot accomplished!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!