Friday, August 19, 2016

Adjustments

Well, I adjusted my morning routine this morning. I still started walking at 6 a.m., but this time I changed my goal. I set my timer for 15 minutes, but I didn't stop there.

We live on a state highway and we see a lot of semi traffic. Years ago, a friend of mine who lived about 4 miles south of us told me that he and his wife found that 100 semis per hour travel our road. That's a lot of semi traffic for a rural area!

So this morning I adjusted my goal... walk for 15 minutes or until 25 semis passed our house, whichever took longer. For my 6 o'clock walk, it took 23 minutes for 25 semis to pass. My 7 o'clock walk took 18 minutes. Traffic really picked up for my 8 o'clock walk... 43 semis passed our house in 15 minutes! My 9 o'clock walk lasted 15 minutes, with only 900 steps left for my goal of 10,000 steps, so I kept on walking. I was very pleased to have my 10,000 steps finished by 9:30!

Is this what my future holds, mornings of walking and counting semis? I think I'll need some more adjustments! ;-)


I finished my dishcloth early this morning. I love knit dishcloths!


The rest of the day, I spent every free minute tatting, because I wanted to finish this Spinning Wheel glass mat. I'm not sure this would really work as a glass mat since it's only 3 1/2" in diameter. The pattern is from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior. The thread is Perfect Quilter #070, Denim. It's too bad this thread has been discontinued, because it is wonderful for tatting! There's one color left at Superior Threads, Cotton Candy. It was originally $8.99 per spool, but it's on sale for $2.00. What a steal!

6 comments:

  1. Well, that's a different way of timing a walk, certainly! This thread colour isn't my favourite, but it is a shame that a good tatting thread isn't going to be available any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a 'semi', please? Our houses are called 'semi' if they're attached to another. Semi detached. Good walking goals. Mine's usually a podcast or two in length!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Language barrier strikes again! A semi is one of those huge tractor-trailer trucks that haul all sorts of goods locally and from coast to coast. I admire the men and women who drive them. They scare me half to death!

      Delete
    2. That's a relief. I was imagining lots of semi detached houses trundling down the roads in America. Not that I've ever seen any on any of my trips over the pond!

      Delete
  3. love the washcloths and doily and colors of both. I am so depressed I told everyone I was walking miles and I was wrong It is more like 2 and a half but takes me an hour. I have built up to this and I too started over a year ago with 15 mins. I do feel much better but had to go through different types of shoes cause my feet where killing me. I probably gave you too much information huh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Richard was still out driving his semi truck I would tell you to watch for him, but we are on a scary adventure of him trying out a different vocation(sales type) so you won't see him(at least not any time soon). :)
    Very beautiful dishcloth!!! :)
    Great spinning wheel!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!