Saturday, August 20, 2016

Funky butterfly

We had another rainy day, so I spent lots of time tatting and walking. Luckily, we have a wrap-around porch, so I'm able to walk rain or shine.


I had fun trying to use up thread on shuttles today.


It's amazing how much can be accomplished with little bits of time.


Despite my best efforts, I only managed to empty one shuttle.


I guess I'm going to have lots of butterflies to share!


And here's the funky butterfly. I was trying to use the thread close at hand rather than winding new shuttles. As you can see, I ran out of the blue thread, so I finished off with red. I think he's kind of cute! The pattern is by Kendra Goodnow and can be found in the Fall 2016  Handy Hands newsletter.


When the rain let up late this afternoon, Dave went out and got the mail... one package... for me! I love my new Celtic shuttle from Grizzly Mountain Arts! I love Celtic designs...


...and I love anything nautical! You'd think this shuttle was made just for me! ;-)


I do feel a little guilty about being the proud owner of this beautiful copper shuttle, also by Dave Stanbrough. I knew that another tatter was interested in this shuttle, so I waited almost a half hour after the designated listing time. When I checked the Etsy shop, the shuttle was still there. I took it as a sign that it was meant to be mine.

I really am out of control when it comes to shuttles. Luckily, Dave just smiles when he sees me open a new package!

8 comments:

  1. I love your funky butterfly, doesn't matter you run out of blue no one would know unless you told them, they would just think he was meant to be like that.
    It's nice to have a supply of butterflies they come in very useful and use up the ends.
    We have had a lot of rain too, but please don't send us any more we just want some summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say I love your new shuttles, especially the copper one,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shuttles and the tatting too I've done that with veragated the ads too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shuttles and the tatting too I've done that with veragated the ads too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Copper shuttle is very interesting. I love Grizzly Mountain shuttles! Wonderful funky butterfly too#

    ReplyDelete
  6. Copper shuttle is very interesting. I love Grizzly Mountain shuttles! Wonderful funky butterfly too#

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are splendid shuttles! The celtic one must be handy for getting into tight places. Love your funky butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great butterflies!!! :)
    Wonderful shuttles!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!