Tuesday, August 9, 2016

It'll never work

 
I started round 6 of Renulek's Napkin Marta in size 80 Majestic #849. I love the color! However, the pattern is just not working for me in this round. I think I needed larger picots in round 5.


Even after some time with the steam iron, there was no way this was going to work. So, I snipped off the little bit I have done. I'm going to leave it as is for now. Since round 6 is the final round, I think I can easily play with stitch count to make the design work, but right now my brain is weary. I have made a note to be careful with picot sizes next time!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous color!!! Tomorrow is another day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think it looks good!! And I am sure you will get it worked out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. There's another option if you like the effect - Martha's ball thread join. You might need to change the true rings into SCMRs and then lock join with shuttle closest to picot, leaving a mock picot space. You will get a 2-coloured picot - partly white from previous row & partly this gorgeous blue. As I said, it will depend on whether you prefer the traditional style or are willing to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a shame! It looks like pretty blue flowers. But good idea to make that decision now rather than tat the whole round and then find it doesn't work. It looks fine without that round, good choice. Next time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour blue but it's not working on that doily, perhaps a different colour like the one in the middle or the lighter green

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!