Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Ooh! Ahh!


I knew I liked this new hand-dyed thread from Marilee Rockley! "Lake Effect" looks great with this deep blue glass gem. I think I may try and see how many Doodle Ice Drops I can tat out of one skein of hand-dyed thread. With different colored centers, each will be unique!


I've finished the second garter stitch section of my Blue Jean Saturday shawl by Deby Lake. The pattern is so easy to follow, making it a very relaxing knitting project. I'm even dreaming about what I'll knit next!

12 comments:

  1. Yep!!! Beautiful Lake Effect Ice Drop!!! :)
    Waiting to see that shawl completed!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It will take a little bit of time, but I am enjoying knitting!

      Delete
  2. Oh yes! Lake Effect is fabulous! Thanks for showing me what it will look like when I make a Terry McGuffin bell, Bella Nina, in #40. Shuttles wound but waiting until things slow down.
    Shawl looks terrific. You certainly get a lot done with wonderful results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something special about blues and greens being mixed together, and Marilee has such a flair for combining colors!

      Delete
  3. The shawl seems complex to me! Glad you are finding it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the ice drop is lovely. The shawl looks tricky, but a good pattern can make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, the shawl pattern is so easy, it makes me feel like a pro!

      Delete
  5. Oh this is a gorgeous color and fantastic in a drop! I love it! And you knitting too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw Marilee post about this color, I knew it was for me!

      Delete
  6. Marilee's delightful colour combinations enhance your lovely ice drop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been a fan of Marilee's threads since she started dyeing!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!