Sunday, May 12, 2019

Yarn day

Today was a great day for working with yarn... chilly, a bit dreary... a day when the warmth of yarn felt good on the fingers!


I finally finished my knit-along sweater! I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. The best part is, the sleeves are a nice length! If I go to buy a sweater in a store, the sleeves always cover my hands, and it drives me crazy!


I waited for daughter Carol to come over so that we could decide how she wanted me to proceed as far as colors go. I'm about half way through, and now that I know what Carol wants, I can keep on going. I hope to finish this before the hot weather hits.

I also spent some time practicing spinning. I have a feeling I will need lots of practice!

11 comments:

  1. Wow - You jumped from working on the sleeves to finishing and wearing the sweater! Looks great! Can't help wondering how you sewed the seams together.

    I'm still amazed at how much you get done on all your projects, especially since you're still involved with school! You seem to have the ideal situation for a 'retired' person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have the ideal situation! I used the mattress stitch to seam the sweater, a stitch I've recently started using more frequently.

      Delete
  2. Really nice and fun to be able to wear it before the warmth set in. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's already too warm for me! I put the sweater on long enough for my daughter to take a picture, and then it came right off!

      Delete
    2. Here in Pittsburgh the sweater would be perfect for our Fall weather these past few days. We keep waiting for Spring to finally arrive for more than a few days at a time.
      This is not unusual as I don't think we have had a 'normal' Spring since the 1950s!

      Delete
  3. The sweater looks great and the color is perfect for you. You've knitted it in what seems like 'no time at all.'
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did seem to go quickly. The knit-along was six weeks, but I really think I could have finished this in three!

      Delete
  4. Wow, looks great and you seem to have finished it very quickly! Nice to have Carol choosing the colours, you know you’re on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time did fly by with this project! Carol's beau loves the colors of her afghan, so I may have to crochet one for him as well. Jon is a about 6' 4", so his will take a while to complete!

      Delete
  5. Your sweater looks wonderful!!! :)
    And the afghan too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!