Saturday, May 11, 2019

Oops!

I forgot to blog yesterday! I didn't have much to share, just one Ice Drop.


I went for a maintenance check on my car after school yesterday, and I managed to tat an Ice Drop while I was waiting. It was a long maintenance check!


I'm making good progress on daughter Carol's waffle stitch afghan. I did rip out four rows today. I didn't like the shade of light brown next to the green, and when I took out the light brown I found a mistake two rows back in the green. I just couldn't leave it. I've reworked those rows, and I'm very happy with how much I've accomplished in the past week.


This afternoon my friend Kathy came over and gave me a lesson on my spinning wheel. I purchased it nearly five years ago and just wasn't getting the hang of it. I did not do well today, but I do have a better understanding of what I should be doing. Now I need to practice, practice, practice!

5 comments:

  1. Everything is going going well I see but I am so impressed with your spinning wheel wow I only have seen this done at outdoor old time events❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the spinning. People watch me spinning and say how relaxing it must be, but I know very well that it’s far from relaxing if it doesn’t go well! And that it’s not as easy as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried on my own on and off over the past five years. I just couldn't get the hang of it. At least I have a better idea of what to do now!

      Delete
  3. Another pretty Ice Drop and great snowman shuttle!!! :)
    Looks like great progress on the afghan!!
    It's so interesting to see your spinning wheel!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!