Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Playing with Pink Fudge

There hasn't been much time for tatting at school for the last week or so. With the end of the school year coming quickly, I've been helping out with little things in the office to help out the secretaries. It's nice to feel useful!


I did spend a little time playing with my Pink Fudge pattern. I don't tat it much, because I don't like the way it needs to be tamed by the steam iron when finished. I think this new stitch count may work better.

The basic Ice Drop pattern is the same. Once the glass gem is encased, it's time for the outside pattern: chain 6, rw; ring 5+5, rw; chain 7, rw; ring 6+6, rw; chain 7, rw; ring 5+5, rw; chain 6, lock join to base of ring in round 2. Has anyone else tried playing with the stitch count on this one?


I'm taking advantage of the cooler weather, which is expected to change tomorrow. I really want to finish daughter Carol's waffle stitch afghan before it's too warm to have a blanket on my lap!


I did a little shopping for daughter Joanne yesterday. She's in love with the new Mandala Ombre by Lion Brand. Apparently, it's being test marketed in Walmart and will be more widely available near the end of the year. It's super soft, softer than Joanne's previous favorite yarn, Caron Simply Soft. Joanne and the kids will be down in a few weeks, and she'll be able to start on her next project!

10 comments:

  1. I think that’s the one where I joined the petals and it cupped, which was quite a good effect, more 3-D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should look at it a different way instead of trying to get it to stay flat!

      Delete
  2. So many projects in so many different colors!! Just has to keep things more interesting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that Mandala yarn too. It saw it at the store and had to talk myself out of buying it because it's so pretty and I don't need another project right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't need any more craft supplies, but as you can tell, I caved!

      Delete
  4. I too have had to place tatting on back burner😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty shuttles and yarn! I'd gladly send you more cooler weather down from Wisconsin if I could :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great that you and Joanne share crocheting as a hobby. I'm not sure how she finds the time, especially with twins!

    I'm sure the secretaries appreciate your assistance. Can't believe school will be out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that yarn and debating getting it. I liked the feel but in the end didn't get it. I have too many UFOs right now..lol

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!