Friday, May 3, 2019

Starting over


Tonight is prom night, and we've had spirit week at school to get kids in to the excitement of prom. Yesterday was class distinction day. Each class was asked to dress according to a specified decade. Staff members dressed like it was the 80s. Daughter Carol, aka Madam Director, really gets in to dressing up for some of these days. Her costume for the 80s made me chuckle. If she had been a teenager in the 80s, I never would have let her out of the house dressed like this!


Opening the mail is often an adventure around here. Yesterday's mail included a reminder that it's time for me to renew my Tatting Times subscription. I also received some adorable shuttles from Roseground. I love these little beauties, and they're very reasonably priced. I believe I have every hand-painted shuttle they offer... what a surprise!


As for starting over... I've given away all of my Easter themed Ice Drops! I promised a set to daughter Joanne, and I really want a set for myself, so I'm starting over. It's a good thing I enjoy tatting Ice Drops!


Another goal has been achieved! I finished daughter Alison's waffle stitch afghan! I used a reverse shell stitch for the border.


I really like the way it turned out! I may wind up making one of these for myself!


Anyone who has been to my house, knows I don't need any more coffee cups. However, I just couldn't resist either one of these. The one on the left is so me!

11 comments:

  1. Love the coffee cups and Carol’s outfit. I know about starting over because I’ve just given away the mouse! Pity I can’t wait for inspiration from you before I begin again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fabulous things to see!! Your daughter looks great(and I was a teen in the 80's)! Cute shuttles!! Great afghan!!! :) Wonderful mugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, pretty Ice Drop too!!(went off memory instead of looking back). ;)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Sue! Carol has always had a flare for the dramatic!

      Delete
  3. The mug on the left is SO me too!!!! I need to find and buy one too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to laugh over the mugs, especially the one on the left. That holds true for beads and tatting threads, too. :D
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it is funny to think of not hoarding thread.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!