Thursday, May 9, 2019

Winding down

The school year is winding down, which means a variety of activities that are outside the normal scope. Now that I'm not a full time employee, I find I enjoy these end-of-year activities a whole lot more!


Art students are finishing up projects, and Summer was eager to show me her most recent project. I had given her some glittery thread that I bought because it was pretty. Once I got it home, I couldn't figure out what to do with it. So, it's been sitting in a basket for a couple of years. When I found out Summer loved glittery objects, I was pretty sure she'd find a clever use for it. She had fun!


Today I showed Selest how to tat. She loved watching me, but decided she didn't really want to learn. That's okay. I'm glad she was interested in watching and that she spent so much time talking with me. She'll be heading off to college soon, and I hope she is able to spend some time doing the knitting that she enjoys so much!


Daughter Carol's waffle stitch afghan is coming along. I'm really enjoying crocheting with I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby, and I do like Carol's color choices.

I started sewing my sweater together this morning. I finished the two shoulder sections and attached one sleeve. Maybe I'll be able to finish tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. All the projects are very different and sometimes tatting can look intimidating I think. Looks like your family is just plain talented 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I create, the more I appreciate what others create!

      Delete
  2. Here the school year starts and ends with the calendar year, so it seems odd to me that you are winding down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our school year starts mid-August, and we finish up late May/early June depending on how many snow days are used.

      Delete
    2. Most schools in the U.S. run either August to May or September to June, depending on where you live. It's a holdover from the days when we were a farming society and the children were expected to help out in the fields during the summer months. Some schools are starting to do a year round calendar, with the kids going the same number of days but having larger breaks during the year. But a lot of schools are still on the old system.

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!