Friday, September 13, 2019

Another bookmark day

I didn't accomplish much of anything yesterday. I was too tired. However, I made up for it today!


I decided to start the day with another Kumihimo flat braid. This one is done with 1 mm rattail. It's much thicker and firmer than anything I've used before. Luke, the high school boy who asked for Harry Potter themed bookmarks, thinks it's great, and that's all that really matters.


I did tat two rings for this bookmark yesterday, but two rings isn't worth writing about. This is size 10 crochet cotton from Hobby Lobby. I'm rethinking ways of using up my crochet cotton!


I wanted to use my Love to Tat shuttle from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design. I had a little bit of size 20 Lizbeth Pink Ice left on the shuttle, enough to tat two pattern repeats of Mary Konior's Curds & Whey. With a ribbon woven through the rings, it's a nice little bookmark for a small devotional.


I wanted to try another of my size 10 crochet cottons. This is a color combination that really appealed to me when I first saw it. I forgot that I only needed 8 pattern repeats to fit in the bookmark sleeve, so part of the ninth repeat is above the edge of the pocket. That's okay. Someone will love it!


My newest tatting book arrived today! When Rita Richmond posted that it was available for pre-order, I put my request in right away. I wasn't expecting it until the end of September, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it in today's mail.

The text is in Russian, but I've found that I love using Google Translate and my iPhone to read foreign languages. I don't think I'll ever be able to read, write, or speak Russian, but I am enjoying my efforts at translating!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, it’s a sleeve you put the tatting into, I see. I thought you’d attached it to fabric or paper. That’s clever. I like the ribbon version too. Have fun with the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a box full of plastic sleeves. I figure I'd better use them up!

      Delete
  2. Wow you are on a bookmark roll, they are beautiful all of them
    Enjoy your new book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great bookmarks!!!! :)
    I can't wait to see the fabulous things you tat from that book!!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!