Saturday, September 14, 2019

Busy day

There was plenty to do around the house today, but I made sure I had plenty of time for tatting.


My bookmark collection is growing! This Curds & Whey (Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior) bookmark is in size 10 crochet cotton from my stash.


Since I had the thread at hand, I decided to crochet a snowflake. I do prefer tatted snowflakes, but I can crochet this pattern in about 15 minutes. A tatted snowflake would take much longer. I'm planning on having a table at Christmas in the Village, and it would be nice to have a collection of snowflakes to offer, both in white and in a variety of colors.


This snowflake is called Barber from 100 Snowflakes to Crochet by Caitlin Sainio. I've had the book for quite a while, so I decided it was time to put it to use!


I'm still working on the same skein of hand-dyed thread from Karey Solomon. I'm amazed at how many Ice Drops I've tatted from one skein!

6 comments:

  1. Really great items!!! :)
    Can't wait to see what other snowflakes you crochet from that book!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I keep up my momentum! Tatting is so much more enjoyable for me these days.

      Delete
  2. The thread works really well in curds and whey, and makes for a colourful snowflake. Good idea to try crochet snowflakes, I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I much prefer the tatted ones, but crocheted snowflakes will take much less time. I think I may keep any tatted ones for myself!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous bookmark, gorgeous ice drops as always and very pretty snowflake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret! I'm forcing myself to work with the size 10 since I have so much of it. It feels so thick!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!