Saturday, September 21, 2019

September Tollway Tatters

We had a wonderful time on the Tollway today! We had so much fun, we've set our next two meeting dates (weather permitting): Saturday, October 12 and Saturday, November 16. We'd love to have you join us if you can!


There were seven of us today: Barbara, Mary, Victoria, and Glenda were to my right.


Thea and Sue Anna were to my left. Hmmm... I guess I should have taken pictures before lunch! Sorry, ladies!


Thea finished one side for a satin ball ornament and made a good start on the second side.


Sue Anna worked on her necklace to go with her earrings.


Barbara worked on her heart.


The talented Victoria Ong was able to join us today and worked on her needle lace flowers. She has a new book coming out soon, and I can hardly wait!


I am determined to make lovely needle lace flowers some day!


Mary worked on a beautiful lace edging today. Some day I may get the hang of needle tatting, but not today.


Glenda and I worked on Mary Konior's Curds & Whey pattern. I forgot to take a picture of mine. I sent it home with Glenda so that she would have a sample to see the joins more clearly. Somehow, seeing the actual piece of lace is so much more helpful than seeing just a picture!


I took along my Lagniappe doily to show my progress. I haven't gotten very far this week, and that's okay. I'm enjoying the process!


My friend Jeanne sent me a sample of some ribbon. The goal is to try an Ice Drop with it, but I wanted to get a feel for it first. The ribbon is very slick, and I had to pay attention to make sure I closed my rings all the way. I think this is going to be fun!

10 comments:

  1. Having internet trouble here, so I hope this isn't repeated.
    Fabulous variety of projects and wonderful array of colors!!! :)
    Really neat ribbon tatting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No repeats, but I never mind hearing from you, so repeats are acceptable! We had a great time, but we missed several of our long-time friends, especially you! Say hi to Richard!

      Delete
  2. Wow, so much wonderful work, and good fellowship with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a lovely group of ladies, and it's so much fun to learn from each other!

      Delete
  3. Such lovely projects! I love your laniappe, such a gorgeous piece. I keep thinking when I retire, I”m driving down there for one of these. They look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing a progress photo of the doily, I’m excited to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have a great time! Lagniappe is taking time, but I'm okay with that.

      Delete
  5. I really enjoy seeing the photos from your meetings. Keep posting them. Looks like some really good tatting going on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we're far, far away from you, Tim. If you're ever in the Chicago area, we'd love to have you and your wife join us!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!