Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Laziness?

I could have blogged last night. I had plenty of time. While taking my morning shower, I kept thinking about not blogging. Why didn't I? Was it laziness? Nope. I just didn't feel like blogging. I seem to have more and more days like that. I'm not thinking of giving it up. I would miss all of the connections I have made with people of like minds through this intriguing method of communication. I just have more interest in tatting, knitting, crocheting, weaving, and reading than anything electronic. I even find that I'm watching less and less t.v. Peace and quiet suits me fine!


The requests for bookmarks for Harry Potter club members continues. I am thrilled to be able to share tatting with high school students. I love the way they study the bookmarks when they receive them. I can tell they are fascinated with the detail. I'm glad I've developed a rhythm tatting Curds & Whey, as it seems to be the favored pattern!


My Ice Drop tree is finally starting to look full! I'm almost finished with the hand-dyed thread from Karey Solomon. I think I may go to white when I'm finished with this hand-dyed thread. I love the colorful Ice Drops, but with white I can choose any glass gem I like and not worry about it going with the thread!


I took the time to block my crocheted snowflakes yesterday. They look much better pinned out! Do you see the wonky red one on the left? I was using up thread on a floss bobbin and ran out. I have an idea for a broken snowflake collage. I'll let you know if my idea pans out!

7 comments:

  1. Don’t give up on us! Blocking the snowflakes really makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not planning on giving up. I just get moments of indifference with technology!

      Delete
  2. Although I rarely comment, I do read yours and other blogs daily. I’m afraid I’ve had way more times of just wanting to relax and tat, and I’ve had some months go by only making 1 post! So I understand. You’ve been making some lovely bookmarks lately. Are you planning to work on the doily Lagniappe again soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the bookmarks! I'm working on Lagniappe a little every day. I think I'll only post progress reports when I feel I've done something significant. I think I'll stay more motivated that way!

      Delete
  3. We all need to "unplug" from time to time!! So breaks from electronics are good too!
    Everything looks great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life used to be so much simpler! I do enjoy the convenience of using the Internet, but I'm quite happy when the power goes off!

      Delete
  4. I've always been astounded at your amazing output of all your needlework crafts. Plus your almost daily posts on your blog! (Don't feel guilty about skipping a few days! Just don't stop blogging!) I love reading about all your adventures! I am amused that you say you are a slow tatter! I'd say that's pretty good time for those bookmarks! And you seem to tat an icedrop very quickly! Your crocheted snowflakes are also very nice.

    Is there any particular 'Harry Potter' reason for the different colors of the bookmarks? Like a 'magic rainbow' or something? (I admit I'm not familiar with the series.) I'm delighted the students are happy with the bookmarks and want more!. Does anyone want to learn how to tat?

    I also want there to be a need for bookmarks, and I have lots of books; but I find it so convenient- and necessary - to be able to enlarge the print on a computer screen. I just read the hardcopy book of the authorized biography of Neil Armstrong, and needed a lighted magnifying glass to get through it! I admit I skipped a lot of the technical stuff and was more interested in his personal life, of which we knew very little. It was also a heavy book to hold!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!