Monday, September 2, 2019

Silence is golden

...or so I've heard! I've been too caught up in tatting and household projects to blog for the past few days. It's all about priorities, you know.

 
I have become totally engrossed in a new tatting pattern, Lagniappe by Mike Lyon. The pattern is available on Mike's Facebook page. It's done in size 40 Lizbeth and will be about 38" when completed. I did fine with rounds 1 and 4, but I ended up working on rounds 2 and 3 three times each. On round 2 I skipped a joining picot both times. It was easier to snip and start the round over than to try and retro-tat. On round 3 I managed to join to the wrong picot in round 2 two times. I figured out that if I turned the diagram upside down, it was easier to see where I was supposed to join.

So far, the pattern is very easy to follow. I can see that I need to work on keeping my chains a consistent length. They look a little wonky right now. I'm hoping that when I finish the next round my chains will look a little better.


I'm falling behind on my Ice Drop count, but I really don't mind. I tat them because I enjoy them, not because I have a deadline.


My Eightsome Reel mat is coming along nicely. I'm glad I ordered some more Lantana Citrus from Marilee Rockley, because I don't have enough to finish the current motif, let alone the last one.

It looks like today is going to be busy. Dave has already been out cutting wood from the storm damage two weeks ago. I'm pretty sure he'd appreciate my help in hauling branches to the burn pile. It's a slow going job, but it's one that needs to be done. Luckily, Dave knows how to pace himself so that neither one of us collapses!

14 comments:

  1. I always wonder how you find time to do so much tatting anyway, let alone blogging! Always fun watching your work in progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this very interesting doily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to do lagniappe all in white?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start to your doily!! :)
    Another great Ice Drop!! :)
    Love your mat!!! :)
    I am working on a mat that is giving me similar challenges as you are having with your new doily. I will be posting it on my blog soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of the doily, looks fabulous. Can you count hauling wood as exercise instead of counting steps, or will you do both?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I do count hauling wood! I didn't move as much as I thought I would this weekend, but I did do a lot of supervising!

      Delete
  6. The Lagniappe would make a lovely snowflake (if slightly large) to hang on your Christmas tree.
    The Eightsome reel shows off the beautiful colour of Marilee's thread.
    Don't suppose you ever sit down and have 'a cuppa' or read do you? But if you did I wouldn't be able to enjoy your blog so much! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I do enjoy reading, but I've learned to temper the amount of time I spend with a book. It's so easy for me to get lost in a good one! Right now I'm reading a murder mystery that's really creeping me out. I can only read a couple of chapters at a time, and I only read it during the daytime or if Dave is in the house!

      Delete
  7. Looking pretty good so far. I have not even started to plan when I will get Mike's doily done. Summer coming up here and 100F plus days are not conducive to good tatting.

    How do you get time to tat??

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!