Monday, September 16, 2019

Yesterday

It's that time of year again... allergy season! I feel like I go through a box of tissues each day. I don't, but it feels like it.


The yard cleanup continues. Dave cleared out some bushes that had been damaged by the storm a month ago. We didn't realize how much undergrowth there was until he pulled the bushes out. Our back yard is looking much more open.


I spent about an hour crocheting snowflakes yesterday. I gave them each a shot of steam, but they need to be blocked properly, something I was not in the mood to do yesterday.


I'm thinking of crocheting three colors: cranberry, gold, and white. This is Barber.


This one is called Stellar Crystal. In the book, the spokes are more rounded. I think it looks more like a crystal with the spokes pulled out straight.


This little cutie is called Frost. I definitely need to do some adjusting with this one!


The last one for the day is called Spring Snow. After looking at the individual pictures, I'm ready to pull out my blocking mats!


Since I had the ball of white crochet cotton out, I decided to tat Curds & Whey in white. I thought the white thread felt thicker than the other crochet cottons I had used recently, and I was right. I've been tatting eight pattern repeats, and I only had room for seven in the white.


I'm amazed that I still have some of Karey Solomon's hand-dyed thread left. I think the gold is my favorite glass gem with this thread.


I finished the St. Louis Cathedral Spires section of Lagniappe by Mike Lyon. I love the way this pattern flows!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful snowflakes!! :)
    Great bookmark and Ice Drop!! :)
    Love your doily!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What acreage is your garden as it dwarfs your mower/tractor?
    Love the way your curds and whey book marks fit and show in the bookmark 'protectors'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have ten acres of land, and our back yard is about 40 feet deep. I think the trees make the mower look so small!

      Delete
  3. Love the start of the doily, nice bookmark and crochet motifs

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!