Monday, September 9, 2019

Bookmark weekend

There's a Harry Potter book club at the high school, and one of the students asked me if I made bookmarks. I know he was referring to the ones my mom made for the seniors last year, but there's no reason why I can't make some!


I had the urge to work up a Kumihimo flat braid, something I hadn't done before. All of my previous Kumihimo braids have been the round ones.


I watched a YouTube video and got started right away. It took me all day, but I finished it. I think it's a little thin, but Luke liked it!


I also ordered some 1" wide Harry Potter ribbon from Amazon. All of the club members have received a Harry Potter ribbon bookmark, and I had enough to send some off the my grandchildren!


I'm fascinated with Curds & Whey from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior. I've attempted it many times, and I've always made so many mistakes that I gave up. This time I stuck with it. The blue one is in size 20 Lizbeth #650 Denim Blue Lt. There are mistakes, but I think it still makes a pretty bookmark. The red one looks much better. It's in size 10 crochet cotton from Hobby Lobby. I like them both, and I think I may tat some more Curds & Whey bookmarks!

3 comments:

  1. Lucky Harry Potter fans! I must admit, I had trouble getting going with curds and whey too, but it’s definitely worth persisting. Love those bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I have the hang of it, I wonder why it took me so long to catch on!

      Delete
  2. Great braid!! :)
    Love your Curds & Whey bookmarks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!