Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A very busy day


I knew it was going to be a busy day, so I got up early and worked on my Butterfly Effect doily from Tatting Lace with Your Life before things really got in gear.


Daughter Carol came over and helped me can 13 more pints of beets. It's so much easier when there's someone to help!


After Carol left, I decided to keep on tatting while watching Broadchurch.


I managed to finish the whole series! There was only one motif left to tat after dinner...


...and after cleaning up the kitchen, I had plenty of time to finish. The finished doily is 5" across. I wanted it to look like a bouquet of flowers with some greenery, and I think I succeeded. I'm really pleased with it!


I think it could have been part of the book cover! ;-)

13 comments:

  1. Canning is too much like cooking...tons of time and very little appreciation involved. My Grandma and Mom canned but I have zero desire to do so. Beautiful doily dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, you are Wonder Woman! However I was quite relieved to find out that you don't actually like canning! I agree with Createology - too much like cooking, which I only barely tolerate

    Completely amazed you created this sweet doily! I thought you were doing individual motifs (which are adorable, by the way). And I almost did think it was shown on the book cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely bouquet! Really pretty, I like that. Well done on all that canning. Yes, having help makes things zip along more pleasantly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, like a lily pond with large floating leaves !!! Love the coaster !
    The jars look cute, too - no mess ;-P And think of the joy through the year of simply opening a jar and eating the contents :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your flowers Diane, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to do canning when I had my large veg garden two houses ago: dill pickles, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and made jams and jellies too after picking the berries in the wild: raspberries, brambleberries, elderberries etc. It's a lot of work, but there is a satisfaction in putting down food for the winter months. (At least that's how I felt about it.) I too thought your doily was part of the cover! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh is that ever stunning!!! :) Love the colors you used!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning pattern and I love your colours you are working in
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely bouquet doily! It definitely looks like part of the book cover. Your creativity and energy is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the doily. I may have to get that book myself!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!