Thursday, July 21, 2016

Book break


When I was visiting daughter Alison last week, grandson Aidan recommended this book to me. So, I spent yesterday and today doing some reading. I enjoyed it, although I did have to do a little background research to understand the context of the story. I did find that the book was made in to a movie starring Jim Caviezel. I hope to watch it soon so that I can compare the book to the movie. I usually find that I enjoy the book more because of the detail that comes through. However, seeing the movie helps me visualize what is happening, especially if I don't completely understand the story!


Of course I did manage to fit in some time for tatting! I think I would have finished this Spinning Wheel if I hadn't spent so much time reading. :-)

7 comments:

  1. Great progress on the spinning wheel!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the earlier book you had recommended (will blog about it sometime soon) & will check this one out too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me a film can be incomprehensible without background, a book easier to puzzle through. Wheel so pretty. I'd like to see it compared to one in size 20 when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree, let's see both sizes please. Reading is a great thing to do too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes films leave out bits that the book has simple to fit them into a set time, which spoils the film. I enjoy reading a book more than reading on a kindle
    The spinning wheel is looking lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very cool that your grandson wanted you to read the book, although it seems like a 'heavy' subject. What a very nice relationship you have that he wanted your opinion!

    Your 'pile' of Spinning Wheel mats is so impressive - and colorful!

    I keep thinking how you would already be discussing going back to school'! So glad you don't have to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How encouraging to have your Grandson recommend a book for you to read. I just read "The Girl You Left Behind" by JoJo Moyes. It was so good.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!