Monday, July 11, 2016

Korean tatting


I received a new tatting book on Friday, one I've been considering purchasing for a while, Tatting Lace with Your Life. I'm so glad I did! There are some fabulous designs in here. The text is in Korean, but the patterns are diagrammed, and there are little codes that can be scanned with a smart phone. They connect to technique videos! I have never seen anything like this before. Although I'm not fluent in Korean... let's be honest, I know nothing about Korean... I found the videos very helpful.


This little motif caught my eye right away. The names of the patterns are in English as well as Korean. This motif is from the doily pattern "Butterfly Effect." It's about 1 3/4" across in size 20 Lizbeth #616, Daffodil Med.

It took me a while to figure out how to tat the pattern. Although I consider myself a visual learner, I guess I really do rely on the text to help me. After a couple of false starts and a good night's sleep, I remembered that the center is similar to one of my favorite snowflake designs by Lene Bjorn. BINGO! I knew just what to do!

8 comments:

  1. Looks promising ! I'll be looking forward to more of your Korean tatting :-) Will you tat your way through the book like Jane ?
    Loved your Tollway Tatters pics ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love it! Pretty color too! Can't wait to see more! I love the video link idea, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty piece. Having a link in a printed book to a technique video is a great idea! Is't technology wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and I love the designs of many Asian tatting books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's awesome!!!! :) You did a fabulous job on it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a code that can be scanned to get videos? Now that is real cool (thinking cap is real warm now).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty flower. Amazing how tatting transcends cultures. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!