Monday, July 4, 2016

Unplugged

I've spent the last few days away from technology, and I will admit that it felt good to be disconnected from electronics. Why? We drove to Minnesota for the twins' baptism. We had a wonderful weekend that went by way too quickly.

I was so unplugged, that I didn't even take out my phone to take pictures. Luckily, several other family members kept track of what was going on all weekend.

Because I ignored technology, I was able to get quite a bit of tatting done.


On the way to Minnesota, I tatted a Spinning Wheel glass mat in size 20 Lizbeth #616, Daffodil Med.


I started this Spinning Wheel when others were sleeping in size 20 Lizbeth #170, Pineapple Parfait.


There were still a couple of hours left of our drive, so I pulled out my carry-along project that has been in my purse for probably two years. I only had three spokes left to tat, so I was able to complete it before we arrived home. This one is in Perfect Quilter #088, Leaf Me Alone. Unfortunately, Perfect Quilter by Superior Threads has been discontinued. When I checked the site, there was only one color remaining. I do like this thread!

9 comments:

  1. It's amazing how much time tech sucks from our lives. But I for one am glad for it, how else would we get to see these three wonderful spinning wheels? I love the pineapple parfait one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to disconnect once in a while. It's amazing what can be done when we are. How wonderful that you were able to work and and complete three spinning wheels. I agree with Michelle - Pineapple parfait :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful and I love car trips and tatting, I am so glad you mentioned they were out of thread I went to order some and thought I was mistaken. What you have should last a while there is lots of thread on those little bolts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of spinning wheel mats, Diane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Technology does eat into tatting time! You're lucky to be able to tat in the car, you get so much done. Daffodil is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy, busy, busy spinning wheels!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes we can without technology, And I am with Jane it does eat into tatting time. Three gorgeous spinning wheels, I love the pineapple parfait, well done on so much tatting travelling
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't live with it, can't live without it !!!
    I have started taking breaks, too, otherwise I get no work done. Especially when the server acts moody & it takes ages to load a page for comments, etc.
    I think my favorite of these is the Leaf me Alone one !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes unplugging is a good thing. 3 wonderful mats!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!