Friday, July 22, 2016

Niagara Falls Spinning Wheel

I tried something new today, dehydrating. I had three quarts of beans cleaned and bagged, with no room in the freezer and no desire to can. It was way too hot today for canning. I haven't dehydrated anything since the '70s, and I only attempted fruit back then. 

My three quarts of beans are now shriveled down to about a pint and are safely stored away. I'll try some soup or stew next week to see if we like rehydrated beans!


While the dehydrator was doing its thing, I had time to go through some boxes, and I had time to tat!


I've been asked about the difference in size with the different threads. The blue Spinning Wheel is size 80 Lizbeth. It's about 3 1/2". The yellow Snowflake Cappuccino is size 20 Lizbeth and is about 4 3/4". The green Spinning wheel is size 20 Lizbeth and is about 5 1/2".

11 comments:

  1. It's so little! But lovely!

    Hope you like the beans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful !!!
    The Jain community dehydrate veggies a lot. But that is done in sunlight, which is not in short supply here ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely spinning wheel mat, one of my favourite colours.
    Nice to compare the different sizes.
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comparison. The blue is very pretty and size 80 very dainty. I hope the beans rehydrate well, always good to have options.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your spinning wheels are so pretty. Here I often buy rehydrated legumes (beans, lentils, chickpeas), we like them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm.. I supposed to mean I buy dehydrated... then I put them in the water for a night.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the size comparison, Diane. I do love that blue size 80, and I'm once again impressed with how well that pattern looks in a variegated thread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see the difference in thread sizes. Hope the beans turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew you would get it done and it looks wonderful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to see your different doilies n comparison to thread sizes. I LOVE everything you shuttle tat. Happy Summer...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the size comparison! I love the spinning mats.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!