Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Square Coaster, round 1


Traveling took its toll on me. I was beat today! Not only did I sleep in, I took a nap as well. Somehow, I managed to tat round 1 of Robin Perfetti's Square Coaster from her newest pattern pack, Tatted Coasters. This is the last of my hand-dyed-thread Pond from Yarnplayer, so I will have to choose a coordinating color for the second round.


I was very excited to see my newest tatting shuttles arrive today!


I know I don't need any more shuttles, but when I see these gorgeous woods, I just can't resist!


I think the Bocote shuttle is my favorite. Which one do you like?

11 comments:

  1. Your coaster is looking good. I bought the pattern set, but I haven't tried any of them. Maybe this weekend. I missed the shuttles this time. I really wanted the Purple Heart with a hook as I have a hookless one that I really like. The Bocote shuttle is gorgeous! Hopefully more of them become available soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff, they are so much fun to collect and use! I love Purple Heart also, but this time the Bocote wins! ;-)

      Delete
  2. I was wondering who bought the Bocote! - Enjoy your gorgeous new shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, lovely shuttles!I like the purple heart one best, but they're all glorious woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the purple heart, Jane. Isn't it amazing that we can find such beautiful colors and designs in nature?

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your new shuttles. They look fabulous. I think it's probably a good thing that no one makes fancy, one-of-a-kind tatting needles. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the start of your coaster!!! :)
    Great shuttles!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your newly acquired shuttles are beautiful and I love the gorgeous natural woods. What is the dowel with wooden bead? Lovely square coaster beginning. You certainly got lots of tatting completed on your road trip. Naps Happen! Honor your tired self dear.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!