Thursday, July 14, 2016

Helping out

Daughter Alison needed help getting the kids to doctor's appointments yesterday, so I drove up and spent two wonderful days with my grandchildren. Yes, I did get some tatting in, but I was so tired at the end of the day that I just didn't get around to posting!


Of course the easiest tatting to bring along is my favorite Spinning Wheel glass mat from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior. This one is in size 20 Lizbeth, Leafy Green, one of my favorite colors!

I had some wonderful packages to open when I checked my mail box earlier this evening.


These are my newest shuttles from Rita Richmond at Shuttle by Design. Aren't they gorgeous?


I love the interesting slits in this shuttle from Meng's Crafts. I've ordered shuttles from them before, and I'm very pleased with their designs!


I also received a package from Japan! I had to have these beautiful red shuttles, and then there was the purple, and the blue and green, and the earring kit with a red and green shuttle... do I really need to explain? ;-)

6 comments:

  1. Another great spinning wheel glass mat in progress!! :)
    I would have to say you are just a bit shuttle crazy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely shuttle crazy! The madness will have to end some day.

      Delete
  2. Ooo, I Love those (painted ?) shuttles - one is even monogrammed ! Very oriental :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I find it very difficult to pass up a beautiful shuttle!

      Delete
  3. Lovely shuttles! The Meng's craft one looks very unusual, interesting. Now you're retired, it must be easier for you to help the family when they need it - great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I think we know your love of shuttles, they are gorgeous I did look at those beautiful ones on her web site, I do show my husband to which oh very nice comment.
    Another gorgeous spinning wheel in the making.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!