Saturday, July 9, 2016

Fun on the Tollway

We had a wonderful Tollway Tatters meeting today! I wish all of you could have joined us.


We spent a little time looking at Marilee's gorgeous hand-dyed threads and purchasing them, of course!


Sue was able to join us this time. She thinks it's been three years since she's been able to make the trip from Michigan. I guess when you keep in touch online, the time passes quickly.


She brought along her gorgeous doily, which she's been blogging about. Pictures just don't do it justice! It's in size 80 thread, which makes it even more impressive!


Sue Anna was working on some of Marilee's jewelry designs. I forgot to take a picture, but she had the bracelet that you can see in the picture, a necklace, and earrings, all tatted with Marilee's hand-dyed thread, Pansy.


Sue's husband Richard was our official photographer today. Normally, we have to take selfies or ask a passerby to take a photo. We were a small but happy group today!


Sue brought along her friend Doris, who is new to tatting. Doris has been tatting rings only. She told us she has lengths of rings decorating lamp shades and hanging in her windows. We don't have her connected to tatting blogs yet, but we're working on it!


Doris admired a decorated hair clip that Marilee was wearing, so she tatted two flowers to make her own... pretty good!


As I'd hoped, I managed to finish my Spinning Wheel glass mat in size 20 Lizbeth, River Blue Dk. No, I have not tired of tatting Mary Konior's pattern, which can be found in Tatting with Visual Patterns. In fact, I'm finding that since I do not have to spend time deciding which pattern to tat next, I spend more time tatting and working on the reorganization of my house... a win win situation!

5 comments:

  1. That's a particularly lovely Glass Mat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a another beautiful mat
    Looks like you all had a great time as I put on Sues blog it woukd be lively to join perhaps one day when I can afford to come over the pond

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good time had by all, excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful you tatting ladies were able to get together and enjoy your tatting skills. Gorgeous projects and hand-dyed threads. Win-Win indeed dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had such a blast, and Doris and I were telling our Sunday night group about all the fun we had!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!