Thursday, October 3, 2019

Fooled ya!

I wish I had been clever enough to come up with the idea of the book pumpkin, but that wasn't my group.

My group came up with #13 the spider pumpkin. I did help with it, but I had no ideas. I just followed the rest of the group.

I am hopeless when it comes to Halloween ideas. I've never really gotten in to Halloween, and if it hadn't been for Dave, our children would have never known anything about scary stories, witches, and the rest of it. I don't have anything against Halloween. I just couldn't care less about it.

So, I fooled everyone!


Last night I finished another motif for Lagniappe by Mike Lyon. After I tat two more of thee motifs, I'll tat six unattached ones that will be joined as I tat the next round. This is a fascinating pattern!


My bookmark stash is growing. This green one brings my total to eight for Christmas in the Village. I have 1/3 finished!

8 comments:

  1. Your doily is coming along so beautifully!!! :)
    Another great bookmark!! I sure hope they all sell!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue! I really don't worry about selling things. I love going to Christmas in the Village to see people I haven't seen in a while. I seem to have lost touch with families whose kids have graduated.

      Delete
  2. You did fool us! Halloween is not a thing here, it’s pretty much beyond my ken. Looks like an interesting construction to the doily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because we live three miles out of town, we don't get trick-or-treaters. I had one boy, Jason, who would come to my house every year. Luckily, I always had an apple on hand! He's now close to 40 years old, and a banker in Chicago. It would be fun to see him again!

      Delete
  3. Look before you leap. Don't jump to conclusions.
    Everything forgotten in our misplaced confidence that we 'know' you - blues, books, shuttles, .... ;-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Blues, books, and shuttles still are my forte. However, when working in a group, my own preferences must be set aside!

      Delete
  4. I'm always focused on All Saints with Requiems and such, so Halloween was a thrown together side thought in my house. The kids did sew their own costumes when they got into High School. Now I haul a small folding organ to the end of the driveway and play happy marching music!
    I love the doily! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We almost always dressed in mismatched old clothes and went as hobos.

      I didn't know there was such a thing as a folding organ! I learn so much when sharing ideas with others!

      Thank you for the compliment!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!