Monday, October 21, 2019

Shrek Jr.


The middle school kids performed Shrek Jr. this weekend, and it was fabulous! It's so much fun to see kids grow in confidence through the drama program.


Since I was helping out with the play, I didn't have much time for my own pursuits. It took me three days to finish this needle lace flower. I think I'm really getting the hang of this! Now I need to move on to following patterns.


Although I subbed today, I still managed to complete an Ice Drop. I love blue and white together!


Over the weekend, I decided to try practicing the needle lace stitch on a hanky. The size 10 thread is way too big for the hanky, but I'm getting better with my stitches and I can see what I'm doing!

5 comments:

  1. Wow you've moved streight to hankie I'm impressed 😀 I love school plays they are fun to see and many are unforgettable. Your ice drops are like jello, "there is always room for more"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many hankies in my sewing room. I collected them for a while. ;-) I might as well put them to use!

      Ooh! Jello drops!

      Delete
  2. Well done to the thespians! Your flower looks really good, and the hanky too, impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!