Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Helping out

I helped out with play practice again tonight. Since I don't attend all practices, I think I get a better feel of how far the kids have progressed. They have five full cast practices before opening night. I think Shrek Jr. is going to be great fun!


It's been a while since I've participated in Georgia Seitz's Online Tatting Class. When I saw this week's lesson, I knew I had to give it a try. The butterflies are tatted in size 80, and the rest of the snowflake is in size 20. I can hardly wait to see next week's snowflake!


Again, it took me two days to finish a Curds & Whey bookmark. There are a couple of glaring mistakes in this one, glaring to a seasoned tatter. I missed one join and joined in the wrong place on another pattern repeat. It's still a pretty bookmark, and I don't mind keeping this one for myself!

12 comments:

  1. Beautifully tatted flake !!! Your bookmarks are coming along nicely 💜💚💙💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did need to use some Best Press so that it didn't flop all over. Time to tighten up those stitches!

      Delete
  2. this flake closely reminds me of one I make a couple of years ago and I used the same colors too I do love it so :) and the bookmark is great! I like tatting with character :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tatted anything like this snowflake before. I enjoyed it, and of course it got me thinking of all sorts of ways to use what I learned!

      Delete
  3. That’s clever, to make the butterflies in a finer thread. Not even a seasoned tatted familiar with the pattern would spot any missed joins, so add it to stock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have thought of doing the butterflies in finer thread. It does work well!

      Delete
  4. Awesome snowflake!!!! :)
    Another great bookmark!! I think mistakes are a nice way to have a few things for myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I don't mind keeping the ones with mistakes. They are a good reminder that none of us is perfect!

      Delete
  5. Can you imagine if snowflakes were really that big. Or that colorful? It would be a different world in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like playing with two sizes of thread too. Amazing how it gives an almost 3D perspective to a piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I guess I'll have to do some experimenting with threads!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!