Monday, October 7, 2019

Ooh!


Look what came in the mail today! This is my new silver shuttle from Lorraine Kolasa, and I love it! I chose the hammered finish with a pick, and I can hardly wait to try it out!

Now that I've given you my exciting news for the day, I'll get on to what I've accomplished. 😄


We had a lot going on over the weekend, but I did manage to tat an Ice Drop yesterday.


I also finished another bookmark. I haven't tired of Mary Konior's Curds & Whey pattern yet. I'm really feeling the urge to tat it in size 80 thread!


I decided to do some fall cleaning this morning, which really cut in to my tatting time. Sometimes I just have to make the choice to set my tatting aside. If I were wealthy, I could have a full time cook and maid so that I could tat full time!

The gem for this Ice Drop is slightly larger than the gems I usually use. I tried using it for the Ice Drop I tatted yesterday, but it was way too big. The only adjustment I made was to increase the size of my picots on the encasement round. It worked out perfectly!

6 comments:

  1. Great Ice Drops and bookmark!!! :)
    I tatted that edging when I was a beginner(about 6 months into tatting) in size 80:
    https://hiskid66.blogspot.com/2010/07/happy-motif-23.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! In LadyShuttleMaker's thread! I have some of that, probably in size 20.

      Delete
  2. That is a pretty shuttle. Good to know how you adjusted for a bigger gem, I must remember that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like my new shuttle. It doesn't have as much sentimental value as my one ordered from your jeweler. That's where my love of silver shuttles began!

      Delete
  3. I think you would have to change the ice drop pattern severely to do one in size 80. The curds and whey would make a lovely handkerchief edging in 80, though. Do you tat in 80? If not, try it. It really is not hard to use tiny thread. As Rachael Mohler said, the motions are the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tatting in size 80! I used it for some necklaces for high school girls last year. Of course I used a much smaller gem, a Swarovski crystal.

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!